Are you a financial worker or case aide looking to expand your understanding of state programs, connect with peers across the state, or stand out at your agency? If so, consider registering for MFWCAA and attending our annual conference!
Each year, MFWCAA holds an annual three-day conference for financial workers and case aides across the state to attend workshops hosted by DHS staff. Attendees learn about how to navigate complex policies from state staff working in SNAP, MFIP, GA, GRH, CCAP and health care. In addition, there’s nightly entertainment, award announcements, delicious lunches and dinners, and giveaways for attendees. Many human services staff report the MFWCAA conference as the highlight of the year! Click here to print your conference form. Return by September 15, 2018 for early bird registration!
If you’re looking for a great networking and learning opportunity, join MFWCAA and come to our conference!
If you or anyone you know is interested in being a vendor at the conference this year, please contact Vice President/Region 7 Rep Stephanie Wiley at email@example.com.
2018 Conference: Passport to Excellence
October 24 – 26, 2018 at Crowne Plaza in Plymouth, MN
Below is a TENTATIVE list of breakout sessions for the fall conference. Time slots have not been assigned yet. Course descriptions will follow:
- Non-MAGI for METS workers
- Disability Hub
- Identity Theft
- MFIP Errors
- SNAP – ABAWDs Refresher
- SNAP QC Errors
- MAXIS/MEC2 Help Desk
- Housing Support (formerly GRH)
- Homeless Families
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Job Burnout
- MFIP Sanctions
- Health Care Hot Topics
- Cost Effective Health Insurance
- Long-Term Care (Asset Assessments)
- Addiction (MN Adult & Teen Challenge)
More conference info…
- Kelly Swanson will be the keynote speaker this year.
- There will be a Family Feud game night on Wednesday evening after the banquet. Also join us for the DJ on Thursday night.
- We will now be offering 6 sessions for each time slot instead of 5!
- If you or anyone you know is interested in being a vendor at the conference this year, please contact VP and Region 7 Rep Stephanie Wiley at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact your Region Rep for a 2018 MFWCAA Conference Registration form. You are responsible to make your own hotel reservations by calling Crowne Plaza at 763-559-6600 or by clicking HERE to make your reservation online. Make sure to mention the MFWCAA conference when making your reservation. Rooms are $117 (+ tax) per room, per night.
- Early bird registration ends September 15. Print the registration form and register to attend!
2018 Conference highlights